Thursday, February 15, 2007

Finally: Y!F

So, I finally did Yourself!Fitness today! It was good - told her I wanted her to increase the intensity next time, so I'm fully prepared to get my ass kicked. I was breathing pretty hard though. Used the step I just got from Walmart, but have decided I need more space downstairs. Time to down-size. We had a huge snow storm the past couple of days. Over 2 ft snowfall and 3 ft drifts around the house. So, I've been shovelling for exercise until now.

Last weekend, Leslie and I did 250 miles on the snowmobiles. I'm picking Kim up at the airport tonight (9:30 delayed to 10:30) and taking tomorrow off. AND... I BOUGHT A "NEW" SNOWMOBILE THIS WEEK!!!! See the photo! I'm so excited. It's got quite a few miles - 6000, because the previous owners travelled in Canada a lot. It used to be their late son's machine. I checked the obits online and he died in March 2004 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound... I didn't know that at the time I bought it, otherwise I would have told them about Jason. Their son was 28 when he died - graduated from UVM in 1997 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I surely saw him around campus. So sad. Makes me think of Jason. But, I'm giving the machine a good home. It's a 1-up and 600cc which is 100 more than the '94 Indy Trail Deluxe (2-up) that I have (and currently needs to go to the shop!). So, I'll be selling the '94 after I get it fixed.

Really, the only bummer is that I lost the Orvis hat that Tracie and family gave me for Christmas... and I LOVED it. It must have fallen out of the truck in Barre (where we picked up the machine) and with the huge snowstorm we just had, got plowed into a snow bank :-( Totally bummed.

OK, well gotta go get showered and finish packing... OH! On Tuesday I was down to 143.4. Forgot to weigh myself the rest of the week, but will be sure to do it next week - hoping for less than 143!

No comments: