Tuesday, February 06, 2007

New DDR mat?

I found my DDR mat creased when I went down stairs to set it up. :-( It still works - most of the time. The "up" arrow sometimes doesn't work (usually when I'm about to pass a song, of course) and it got pretty frustrating. I put a ream of paper on it, with a stack of magazines on top of that - maybe it will flatten out enough. If not, Todd said he'd buy me a new mat instead of the makeup brush he still owes me from Christmas.

I'm not convinced that I got the best workout with DDR, but I feel pretty good about it anyway. At least I got moving a bit. I feel a lot more motivated after starting DDR - I find myself wishing I was better at it so I could do more challenging songs for a better workout. I tried using the workout mode, but I find it a little unsatisfying for some reason. My plan for tonight: do one course of workout mode, then go back to that damn song I couldn't pass last night, and keep trying until I'm sick of it. Then upstairs for 30 min. on the bike (while watching TV, of course) and hopefully some upper body toning with hand weights.

What I really want to do is break down and buy a nice treadmill like Matt's. There are so many problems with that idea though: there's not enough room for one in our house, it's not in the budget (especially after the 50" Plasma)... but I want one. New plan! I'm going to give Y!F a try and also continue with some DDR and staionary bike through the rest of winter. Maybe I'll even get out on some snowshoes at some point. Then if I really want a treadmill, I'll have to prove it to myself (and Todd!) by jogging outside through the summer. If I can manage to do that, then I'll revisit the treadmill idea in September.

Turns out I was right on about how much I weigh: 147 (well, 146.8 this morning). I re-did my weight goal on Spark People this morning and as it turns out, the most aggressive plan they'll allow (2 lbs/week) puts me at 135 on the exact day we leave for Sanibel! Coincidence?!?! Probably :-) but it sure would be nice, especially if Todd's mom is able to bring the bridesmaid's dress down for me to try! The new plan also puts me at 143 for President's Day weekend when Kim will be up for snowmobiling - I'll be happy with anything under 145.

Mandy just emailed about me not making it to her bachelorette party - she's completely understanding, and I'm completely relieved! I'm not a very good bridesmaid, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm just lucky she's the complete opposite of Bridezilla!

No comments: